Friday, December 21, 2007

Last Day in Budapest

Grades for the semester:
Introduction to Abstract Algebra - Audit
Graph Theory - C
Number Theory - B+
Intermediate Hungarian - A-

WELL DONE JESSIE, YOU GET A GOLD STAR!

Night before last was Kyle's last night. The usual crew plus one or two more (Me, Voula, Mihaly, Aaron, Luke, Zeb, Casey, Kyle and Mark) had dinner at Voula's, then drank some Egri Bikaver and lots of Dreher. Kyle caught a taxi from Voula's house at 1 am, to go spend the night in the airport. He's in Rome now, followed by.. a bunch of other places. Then he'll be back in Budapest for another semester here. Too bad next semester's BSM-ers won't be nearly as fantastic as this semester's...

Farewell party was yesterday, followed by Christmas market with Voula, Aaron, Casey, Mark and Mihaly, Spirited Away at Mihaly's, beer pong at Marcus', where Mark and I got our asses handed to us, and then finally to Morrison's for one last night of drunken karaoke. Someone requested Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day and it was sad and emotional. I'm going to miss everyone here so much and it still hasn't sunk in that this experience is drawing to a close.

It better sink in soon, there's not much time left. Really. I get picked up by the airport minibus at 4:10 am tomorrow, my flight takes off at 6:40 from Ferihegy, and I land at PDX at noon. Ridiculous.

Today is a day for frantic packing (I did some yesterday, but probably not enough), hanging out with Voula, writing to the future girls who will be living in my apartment, and going out tonight with everyone. So many goodbyes to say.


I probably won't post again until I'm back in the states. I'll keep writing while I'm adjusting, to bring this whole thing full circle.




It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right. I hope you had the time of your life.

If only those cliche lyrics didn't ring so true...

No comments: