Sunday, September 9, 2007

Scotty never met a bike that he didn't want to ride.

Last night we went back to the castle. When you go at night it doesn't cost anything to go up on the wall.





Today we (me, Chelsey, Mad and Charlie) took the HÉV train into a previously unseen part of Buda to try to go to the Buda caves (sorry, I can't seem to find a link right now). But then Charlie made 3 wrong turns on the way there, then we decided we were hungry. So instead we got pizza, got croissants, then took the HÉV train back into the city and went to St. Istvan's Basilica.


Some kitties we saw while in search of food in the Buda suburbs. They're kissing!!



Me, Mad, and our GINORMOUS chocolate croissants. YUM.



They have one of those Cow Art exhibitions going on in downtown Pest right now, near Deák tér. This is the RubiCow. It made me think of Rob. I actually think the World Rubik's Cube competition is going on now or soon right here in Budapest. I lied. It's next month.



St. Istvan's Basilica. We climbed to the top of that center dome for the low price of 500ft. Absolutely worth it. And if I hadn't been so freaked out of the height and the high speed winds, it would have been even cooler.



The dome stairs looking down from around the middle. After this point they became a true spiral staircase.



The view from the top. Amazing.



Charlie, Mad, Me and Chelsey at the top. A nice tourist man offered to take our picture. A wind gust picked up just as he took the picture and my hat almost flew off my head. I jerked awkwardly to keep it on my head and it's a wonder the picture turned out so nicely!



Candles in St. Istvan's.



The sanctuary.



A little girl I saw rollerblading in the square in front of St. Istvan's. Eeee!






This morning when I got up I saw my host mother for the first time in DAYS. I was sleeping in almost every day of the 4 day weekend (I'd gotten pretty severely sleep deprived during the language school) and Éva would always be gone by the time I woke up, off to pick grapes or babysit her grandson, Zoli. If you then consider that while I make it home before midnight every night, she tends to be a-bed by then, you will see how it is possible I haven't seen her much in the last couple of days. I sadly do not have the hopping social life she imagines (as she put it, "Jessica itt, Jessica ott!" which means "Jessica here, Jessica there!")(I would also like to amend that the name Jessie does not seem to exist in Hungary, so I've stopped correcting the Hungarian women who call me Jessica). No, I just hang out at the same apartment with the same friends nearly every day... Not that there's anything wrong with that! I like my friends! And I like their wireless internet a whole lot, too!

Tonight, we hung out at the boy's apartment and Voula, Casey and Mihály made macaroni and cheese. Tomorrow morning classes start.. I'm a little nervous. I only have one class tomorrow; Abstract Algebra. I don't even know what to expect, but almost everyone I've talked to who's already taken it say that they love it. Plus Eva's in the class, so I'll have a friend there!



I would also like to state that Blogger is annoying me right now and it took me about 4 hours to write that last blog post because the formatting wasn't turning out how I wanted it to be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Delicious photos and wonderful descriptions of your adventures on the weekend, Honey! I love you! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

but, jessica is not your name, you are not a jessica, it just doesn't work in my brain! lovely pictures--you are making me want to go back to budapest very badly, there is so much i didn't get to see. hope classes are starting well!