Saturday, November 17, 2007

Oh, what a life!

WHOA. Sorry I haven't updated in ages.

Highlights of the last couple of weeks:
  • Failed my number theory midterm quite spectacularly (just like the rest of my class, I'm pretty sure)
  • Making stew, bread and bougatsa (a Greek dessert that Voula knows how to make from scratch) with Luke, Zeb, Aaron, Mihály, Voula and Kristoff last Friday night, then going to a way-too-cool-for-us hipster club in Pest for mad dancing, then coming back to Zeb and Luke's for bougatsa and sleep.
  • The Red Line Progressive (similar to the Yellow Line Progressive, without costumes) which started near College International and ended in a nightclub called Tabu in a mall in Buda.
  • SO MUCH CLASS this last week. Had make-up classes for Number Theory and Abstract Algebra which resulted in 4 8am classes instead of the usual 3, and an Abstract class that lasted until 4 in the afternoon.
  • Jeans shopping yesterday with Voula. I bought skinny jeans because I am in Europe and I have lost a bunch of weight, so when else am I going to have a chance?
To sum up, my life here lately has been: Class, homework, dancing, and alcohol. Oh, what a life!


I have been here for 3 months now, officially! Time is zooming by! Next week is Thanksgiving, for god's sake! Sarah and another guy from the program, Sam, are organizing a Thanksgiving dinner for Thursday. Sam's taking care of the turkey, Sarah's doing rolls and pies, Kevin is taking care of mashed taters, I'm going to make Gramma J's apple crisp.. I think it's going to be a fantastic time!

No comments: