Saturday, October 20, 2007

I've got to go to the bathroom and wash the BURN SAUCE off my face!

Holy crap, I made it out of Hungary!

It is 9:28 am local time in Prague, Czech Republic. Heck yes.

We (Voula, Mihály, Tom, Barry, Pat and myself) left Keleti at 7:45 pm last night. Around midnight we all fell asleep. About two hours later we were informed that we were in a first class compartment and had to move down the train to second class. We arrived in Prague at 6 am this morning. The train ride itself was fun, low-key, long, and full of sleep.

We had a contact in Prague. Voula's dad is a physics professor at Wheaton Mass and one of his ex students, BJ, lives here and offered his flat for a few of us to stay in while he's out of town for the weekend at the World Rugby Cup in Paris. But he had told us to come by after 7. We didn't know how long it would take us to walk to his flat, but we didn't want to arrive early so we went to McDonalds to kill some time. I had approximately $50 in Czech crowns leftover from the HVCC tour 5 years ago, part of which financed our breakfast. The McDonalds itself was 24 hour, but the dining room was not so we had to eat outside. The temperature outside was 4˚C and it was still dark out at 6:30.

We walked to BJ's as the sun came up. And arrived at his flat around 7:30. He let us in and gave us juice and coffee and lunchmeat and cheese. It was a fantastic welcome, to say the least.

We plan on spending this morning sightseeing etc, grabbing lunch, then coming back for a low-key afternoon. Tomorrow will be more sightseeing, and maybe meeting up with the other BSM group that's in Prague this weekend.

But the most important thing I must do this weekend, before I do anything else, is to buy batteries. My camera is out of juice and I have a feeling my faithful blog readers would crap themselves if I didn't post pictures of my fantastic adventure in Praha-ville!





Also: I got my Graph Theory midterm back with a 49% on it. But the prof is going to curve it, so that will hopefully be a passing grade when all is said and done. Because really, I haven't heard of anyone that got over a B on it, and the average score seemed to be in the D-F range. Yeah Graph Theory!

No comments: