Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween, BSM style!

Last night a group of people held a progressive Halloween party, called the Yellow Line Progressive (since all the people hosting lived along the Yellow Line). Since it was a bunch of math majors, you KNOW there were some terribly nerdy costumes.

Dan and Joe went as a bijection. I think it was my favorite math costume. Hello my name is F(U), Hello my name is U.












Towers of Hanoi drawn on Bruce's back, by yours truly.














The traveling salesman problem on Bill's back, also my handy-work. (I am so proud of this, and I got requests for a couple more)





















All the math jokes! From left to right:
Me, a contradiction (a walking contradiction!)
P vs NP (they were carrying around dart guns and fighting a lot)
A compact set (get it? she's closed and bounded!)
A bijection








The Pacific Northwest Crew.
Brookings, OR
Corvallis, OR
Seattle
Seattle
Seattle










The metro passes with the metro conductor. Faaantastic. Not only did we have four girls as metro passes, we also had the Red Line, the Yellow Line, Oktogon, Kodály Körönd (both metro stops on the Yellow Line) and 2 metro inspectors.









After 6 stops we ended up at Morrison's, a karaoke bar right by the Opera that plays lots and lots of American pop.

We got a lot of strange looks on our way between the stops on the progressive, since Halloween isn't really celebrated over here...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exakt richtig

Anonymous said...

Digital Memory sure is becoming cheaper and cheaper and cheaper. I wonder when we will finally hit the ratio of $0.01 to 1 GB.

I eagerly wait for the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 TB harddrive, lol. But for now I will be content with having a 16 gigabyte Micro SD in my R4i.

(Submitted using ComP for R4i Nintendo DS.)