Saturday, September 29, 2007

"Gotta love that exchange rate!" -Eurotrip

Cover charge for the Deja Vu Club in Buda: 300 ft (~$1.50)
3 .5 liter Sopronis (Hungarian beers): 1050 ft (~$5.25)
1 modorokrémes palascinta (Nutella crèpe): 165 ft (~$0.85)

That's right, I spent less than $10 last night. And what did I do? Went to the Deja Vu with Leslie, Kristoff and Kelly to see the band Panic Radio. The band was lots of fun and very high energy, even though it was early enough in the night that only a couple of people were really into it. The beer was cheap and tasty, so I drank more than I probably should have and ended up quite happy. After the second band came on, we decided to book and took the tram back to Batthyany (the metro stop right by my house) and went to what has been lovingly dubbed "The Pancake Place", a 24 hour place that sells cheap cheap crèpes, Nagyi Palacsinta. The four of us hung out there for what could have been 20 minutes or it could have been an hour; I'm not sure, I wasn't exactly in the clearest of mindsets. I walked home from there, watched an episode of Futurama on my computer, then passed out. An absolutely fabulous night, indeed!


Yesterday also included a fieldtrip to a very Americanized mall at the end of the red Metro line because I needed blue jeans (I found an absolutely fantastic pair at H&M that was only slightly out of my price range), and then a trip to IKEA because Aaron needed a blanket. This was my first trip to IKEA ever... and here it was, in Hungarian. Definitely an experience to be had.

The next post will be complete with pictures, detailing today's day trip to Szentendre. But for now, I must venture home!

No comments: