Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Its Insanity!!

Since I last updated, my life in Budapest has dissolved into insanity!

I am currently sitting in my usual internet café, (but using one of their computers instead of my beloved ibook), so typing is slow thanks to a very funny keyboard layout. (The z and the y key are switched and I cant seem to figure out how to make an apostrophe...).

The last several days have been spent exploring the city, learning my way around the metro, finding the cheap spots for icecream and food, figuring out how to call a cell phone from a payphone, and meeting all the other people who are here for the language school.

Yesterday was St. Stephens day, although the holiday was celebrated all weekend. Music in the streets, the most impressive fireworks display Ive ever seen, and my first taste of Hungarian beer (Dreher, which runs about 50 cents for a half a liter, is the Hungarian equivilent of Budweiser, but much better).

Because of my lack of laptop and this keyboard, I will have to cut things short.. but believe me, there will be a longer post soon, complete with pictures!

No comments: